ive literally never heard anything about spd from anyone on tumblr except the few people i know who have it. so heres a post about it (jsyk everytime i say spd im referring to schizoid personality disorder)
schizoid personality disorder is NOT the same as schizophrenia or schizotypical personality disorder.
- not wanting to talk to/be around people
- not wanting to go to social events
- trouble expressing emotions
- being passive in bad situations
- might seem indifferent to others when talking
- trouble understanding how well they get along with others
- very complex fantasy world
- trouble giving/receiving empathy
- not feeling emotions/not feeling emotions regularly
the “secret schizoid”:
theres this thing that goes along with spd called “the secret schizoid” which is basically a person with spd who “ present themselves as socially available, interested, engaged and involved in interacting” (thats from wikipedia) a lot of people with spd do this secret schizoid thing
heres another spd thing: super complex fantasy worlds. these are basically super intense ongoing daydreams and i dont wanna speak for everyone with spd but, to me, my fantasy world is very important to me and i can emotionally react it (ie: laughing, smiling, getting angry, etc). i tend to think about my fantasy world when im stressed or bored. i also really dont like talking to other people about my fantasy world idk why but i dont
gender and sexual/romantic orientation:
people with spd can be indifferent to gender and sexual/romantic orientation. that can mean they dont care about what their gender/sexual/romantic orientation OR that theyre agender/genderless, aro, and/or ace. it all depends on the person
autism and spd:
you can have both autism/aspergers and spd.idk why but ive seen people say that you cant have both which makes no sense, you can have both
thats all i can really think of right now if u have spd and u wanna add something/clear something up go for it
- making people forget about object permanence
- growing a wing. just one. fly around in circles
- summoning vaseline
- changing the colour of objects into their complimentary colour
- super speed but only when drunk
- instantly mastering the swear words in any language
Ever since it was first hinted that Cecil has a sister, I feel like all the fanon has been that she’s older that he is, and has a tough, sensible caretaker sort of vibe. When all I want from this is endless Lilo & Stitch riffs.
Teenage Cecil has just been promoted from unpaid intern to Voice of Night Vale. Between that and the inheritance now that his mother has been ruled “municipally most-likely-dead”, he’s doing pretty well financially.
But he’s also been left the legal guardian of his seven-year-old sister. And trying to take care of her — while holding down a full-time job, all without dropping out of high school — is stressful, to say the least. Both siblings’ tempers are starting to fray.
Maybe they should get a dog.